“Dave is tenacious, shrewd and ethical.”
A strong negotiator, Dave advocates for his clients on matters involving commercial litigation, professional liability, construction, product liability, breach of contract, real estate, insurance, extra-contractual issues and general liability.
Before joining Impact Law Group almost three years ago, Dave worked for larger firms. He was drawn to the hands-on nature of a smaller practice, particularly the long-standing relationships he develops with his clients. When not practicing law, Dave enjoys sports and traveling. He lives in Seattle with his wife and young son.
- Represented homeowner’s association in claims against the developer of the condominium that resulted in a settlement being reached totaling $4,700,000.
- Represented numerous owners, contractors and subcontractors in lien foreclosure actions and construction defect disputes.
- Represented owner/developer of hotel in litigation against large window manufacturer arising out of defective windows resulting in a settlement of the claims valued in excess of $300,000.
- Negotiated contracts on behalf of general contractor for condominium rehabilitation projects in excess of $2,000,000.
- Successfully defended residential homeowners against claims asserted by a general contractor for changed work and obtained an award for damages for the homeowners against the contractor.
- Represented general contractor in litigation against a Fire District arising out of unforeseen conditions on a public works job resulting in a $475,000 settlement for the contractor.
- Represented numerous business owners in negotiations and litigation arising out of partnership disputes.
- Represented large developer against engineering firm in a lawsuit arising out of design claims resulting in a settlement being reached in excess of $100,000.
- Represented large commercial and residential landlords in numerous landlord-tenant disputes.
- Successfully defended borrower against claims asserted by a large lender in trial court and prevailed against the lender on appeal to the United States District Court.
Bar Admissions/Admitted to Practice:Washington State Bar, 1998
Oregon State Bar, 2011
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
Education:J.D., cum laude, Seattle University, 1998
B.A., cum laude, University of Michigan, 1994
Professional Recognition and Honors:Washington Law & Politics, Super Lawyer, 2015-2016
Washington Law & Politics, Rising Star, 2004-2012
Professional and Community Activities:
King County Bar Association, Construction Litigation Section & ADR Sections
Washington State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
Selected Publications and Speaking Engagements:Co-Presenter—The Seminar Group, Condominiums: Opportunities and Pitfalls, 2006
Presenter—Lorman Education Services, AIA Contracts in Washington: AIA Contract Provisions Pertinent to Construction Defects, 2008
Presenter—The Seminar Group, Construction Defects: Update and Strategies The Contractor’s Perspective on Construction Defects, 2010, 2011
Practice Emphasis/Service Areas:Construction Disputes