- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Construction Disputes
- Real Estate Disputes
- Trust & Estate Disputes
Litigation is stressful. At Impact Law Group, we understand that anytime our clients are in need of dispute resolution services, they are under pressure: psychological, financial and emotional. Our attorneys work closely with clients to take preventive steps at the very outset of a matter to avoid the stress and expense of trial. But when litigation can’t be avoided, rest assured that our attorneys are seasoned trial lawyers and skilled negotiators. They have the experience to get the best possible outcome for our clients.
Impact Law Group’s litigation practice encompasses all types of business and commercial litigation in state and federal courts, from complex multi-party matters to simple breach of contract actions between individuals, securities litigation, insurance litigation, employment litigation, real estate litigation and appeals.
The attorneys at Impact Law Group have assisted clients in a variety of industries and at every step of the litigation process. When you engage Impact Law Group to assist with your litigation matter, you will work directly with the attorney you hired, not with a team of associates learning on the job and not with partners who are disconnected from the status of your specific matter.
Our client-centered philosophy and approach to litigation is why our clients continue to work closely with Impact Law Group—even after a case has settled or gone to trial. Our clients come to rely on their Impact Law Group attorneys as valuable members of their legal team and of their business.
Representative Litigation Matters:
- Filed and managed Chapter 13 bankruptcy and prevailed on adversary litigation avoiding first position lien on residence. Confirmed Chapter 13 Plan, and successfully defeated Creditor’s first appeal. Now defending second level of appeal currently pending at the Ninth Circuit.
- Obtained $4.5 million judgment and $287,000 award of attorneys’ fees and costs against multiple corporate defendants and individual for securities act violations, breaches of fiduciary duty, fraud and violations of the Washington Consumer Protection Act.
- Vigorously defended individuals in nondischargeability action claiming nearly two million dollars and damages, and prosecuted and defended appeal on behalf of clients.
- Represented homeowner’s association in claims against the developer of the condominium that resulted in a settlement being reached totaling $4,700,000.
- Negotiated contracts on behalf of general contractor for condominium rehabilitation projects in excess of $2,000,000.
- Represented numerous business owners in negotiations and litigation arising out of partnership disputes.
- Successfully defended borrower against claims asserted by a large lender in trial court and prevailed against the lender on appeal to the United States District Court.
- Secured defense verdict and recovery of attorney fees in action for breach of fiduciary duties and securities law violations relating client’s multi-million dollar acquisition of privately held company and allegations of insider trading relating to the acquisition.
- Prevailed in obtaining substantial recovery for client who was catastrophically injured as a result of an electrical shock giving rise to product liability for personal injuries and economic losses.
- Successfully litigated wage and hour claim on behalf of a client whose employer failed to pay salary, obtaining personal judgments against executive officers which were collected in supplemental proceedings.
- Successfully defended and negotiated resolution of high value “white collar” criminal embezzlement matters.
- Prevailed on behalf of defendants after 9-day federal trial of complex commercial dispute regarding breach of contract and fraudulent transfer claims; decision upheld on appeal to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.