“I have [used other] attorneys who charged twice as much and did not deliver half the service Matt did. I finally felt that I had conscientious representation upon hiring him.”
- Phone 206.621.1750
- Cell 206.310.7741
- Fax 206.452.0655
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Download V-Card
A co-founder of Impact Law Group, Matt brings over 10 years’ experience as a trial litigator to the firm’s practice. He represents clients in a range of complex civil disputes and has experience working on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants alike. Matt began his career as a prosecutor, and honed his jury-trial skills before moving into a fast-paced insurance defense practice. He now applies the skills from those earlier experiences to successfully represent clients in commercial litigation matters involving contractual disputes, securities law, breach of duty claims, commercial debt collection, criminal defense and white collar crime. He also represents clients in personal injury, wrongful death and property damage cases.
Having litigated numerous cases through trial and the appellate process, Matt focuses on deconstructing legal issues and analyzing probable outcomes to develop a strategic litigation plan unique to each case. By leveraging his skills as a trial lawyer and as a commercial litigator, Matt is a seasoned negotiator who can assist clients in finding practical, market-driven solutions to the legal issues businesses face.
Prior to entering the legal field, Matt was a professional mountaineering guide. He maintains a love of the outdoors, and enjoys climbing, kayaking, hunting and fishing throughout the Pacific Northwest. Matt enjoys spending time with his family, including his wife and two young sons.
- Secured defense verdict and recovery of attorney fees in action for breach of fiduciary duties and securities law violations relating client’s multi-million dollar acquisition of privately held company and allegations of insider trading relating to the acquisition.
- Prevailed in obtaining substantial recovery for client who was catastrophically injured as a result of an electrical shock giving rise to product liability for personal injuries and economic losses.
- Retained renowned pulmonologist to establish nature and extent of long term injuries for injured cruise ship passenger leading to the recovery of medical and general damages at mediation.
- Successfully litigated wage and hour claim on behalf of a client whose employer failed to pay salary, obtaining personal judgments against executive officers which were collected in supplemental proceedings.
- Successfully defended and negotiated resolution of high value “white collar” criminal embezzlement matters.
- Obtained recovery for client’s lost revenues arising from a breach of contract claim for interference with client’s exclusive sales contract with a multinational manufacturer of machinery.
Bar Admissions/Admitted to Practice:Washington State Bar, 2002
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington
Education:J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 2002
B.A., University of Washington, 1997
Professional & Community Activities:Washington State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Practice Emphasis/Service Areas:Commercial Litigation