“A Lawyer’s Lawyer. I am also an attorney, and Niloufar represented me in the most important business transaction I have ever undertaken. From start to finish, she was thorough and calm. She was a staunch advocate for my best interests, with me and with the other party’s attorney. I recommend Niloufar most enthusiastically.”
“Exceptional. Simply exceptional. Niloufar helped me to form my business and create my first contract. Her expertise, judgment, and ability to explain why I may or may not want certain features of each (while letting me make final decisions) FAR surpassed my expectations. I never felt like I was on the clock or rushed. Couple those items with the fact that she was EARLY on every single deadline she committed to, and she and her team became very easy to recommend. I look forward to future projects together .”
- Phone 206.457.4119
- Fax 206.452.0655
- E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Niloufar represents a diverse client base, including privately held companies, emerging businesses, growth stage companies, entrepreneurs, alcoholic beverage distributors and producers (distilleries, wineries, and breweries), restaurants, hospitality industry, technology companies, and international companies conducting business in the United States. She works closely with her clients on business entity formation, regulatory guidance and compliance, licensing of alcoholic beverage companies, serving as general in-house counsel, intellectual property protection, commercial transactions, complex contract drafting, and negotiating on behalf of clients.
By bringing a combination of business savvy strategies with many years of real-world business and legal experience, Niloufar is able to impart her business insight with clients in addition to providing effective legal solutions. She gained her business experience as a corporate business advisor, being responsible for managing large-scale technical and process improvement projects across business functions at two Fortune 100 companies, the GE Capital Corporation and the Boeing Company.
Prior to joining Impact Law Group, Niloufar founded her law firm focusing on business transactional law. She also worked on various complex litigation matters, class action lawsuits, and regulatory investigations at Perkins Coie, LLP, and served as a Judicial Law Clerk at the King County Superior Court for Justice Mary I. Yu (currently Justice at the Washington Supreme Court).
She is an active member of the legal community and over the last decade, she served on several legal bar associations as a board member and often volunteers at community legal clinics and shelters. Outside of practicing law, Niloufar is an avid traveler and looks forward to learning about diverse cultures. She is also a food and wine enthusiast and enjoys cooking for family and friends those recipes she collected during her travels.
- Served as General Counsel to a global media and video management software company, marketing consulting firms, technology consulting companies, and construction companies.
- Incorporated and advised numerous technology startups, manufacturing, restaurant, and services companies on the most suitable legal structure, such as partnership, corporation, limited liable company, or professional services company.
- Helped structure joint ventures, strategic alliances and other partnering arrangements for distilleries, breweries, software companies, clothing manufacturers, bicycle retail and service provider, healthcare cooperative, and natural healthcare products.
- Represented numerous distilleries, wineries, and restaurants in all aspect of formation, regulatory compliance, and sales and venture agreements.
- Drafted various noncompete, nonsolicitation, confidentiality agreements, and employee handbooks for alcohol distribution companies, distilleries, staffing and marketing consulting firms, and technology software companies.
- Protected client interests by preparing and reviewing shareholder agreements, operating agreements, executive compensation arrangements, licenses, distribution and supply agreements, and commercial business contracts.
- Advised privately held manufacturing companies in cross border and export regulations.
- Negotiated and advised commercial leases for restaurants, distilleries, technology companies, and bicycle retail and service provider.
- Represented privately held consulting, service, and technology companies in merger and acquisition transactions, including broad due diligence, risk analysis, negotiation, and drafting of definitive documentation.
- Reviewed and negotiated vendor agreements for the purchase or licensing of a variety of goods and services.
Bar Admissions/Admitted to Practice:Washington State Bar Association, 2006
Education:J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2006
B.A., University of Washington, 1993
Professional Recognition and Honors:Rising Star, Super Lawyer. 2014-2016
Pro Bono Publico Service. 2009, 2012-2015
State Board Member of the Year. Washington Women Lawyers. 2013
Edward R. Murrow Award. Dispute Resolution Board – Seattle University School of Law. 2006
Professional Activities:Washington Bar Association, Business Law Section
Washington State Bar Association, International Law and Practice Section
Washington State Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section
Washington State Bar Association, Solo and Small Practice Section
Washington Initiative for Diversity, Committee Member
Selected PublicationsLooking Back on 2013-Reflections from Last Year’s Diversity VPs. A Washington Women Lawyers Newsletter. 2014.
Speaking EngagementsLegal Blog. http://www.alturalaw.com/blog/
Business Law for start-ups. University of Washington School of Engineering. 2014
CLE – Negotiating Strategies & Power of Bargaining. Seattle Select Attorneys Association CLE. 2014
Business Law. Seattle Central Community College. 2013
Legal Career Path. FLI Workshop/Courthouse Presenter & Mentor. 2008
Practice Emphasis/Service Areas:Business Law
Corporate General Counsel
Mergers and Aquisitions