- Phone 206.457.4118
- Fax 206.452.0655
- E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation on behalf of clients of all sizes, and in a wide range of industries. Rob has represented U.S. and international clients in matters involving contract disputes, business torts, intellectual property, securities, energy markets, class actions, legal malpractice, insurance coverage, and unfair trade practices. In addition to representing clients in litigated matters, Rob has also represented clients in a number of internal investigations and U.S. export control matters and has advised clients prospectively on risk management and cyber security.
Rob approaches his client’s needs strategically and recognizes that each situation may require a different mix of skills and approaches. Many potential disputes can be avoided by skillful early intervention, others can be resolved by negotiation, and some may call for litigation, perhaps trial. A zealous advocate with significant experience in each of these areas, Rob enjoys helping his clients find creative, rational solutions to accomplish their business objectives.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Rob was an officer in the US Army Special Forces, and he remains deeply connected to the veteran community in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Away from the office, Rob enjoys time with his wife and sons, hiking, trail running, and BBQ.
- Represented an electric utility’s power marketing subsidiary against allegations of fraud, market manipulation, and anti-competitive conduct in two federal regulatory proceedings. Resolved on very favorable terms.
- Represented an individual in an investigation by the Environmental Protection Agency’s Criminal Investigation Division. Resolved with no further action against the client or his employer.
- Represented a foreign corporation at the trial and appellate levels in a class action alleging violations of telecommunications and consumer protections laws, ultimately resulting in a dismissal.
- Represented a corporate shareholder in a breach of fiduciary duty action against certain company directors, resulting in a corporate governance reorganization favorable to the client.
- Represented a judgment creditor in collection activities resulting in the recovery of two real properties valued in excess of $3 million.
Bar Admissions/Admitted to Practice:Washington
U.S. District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Education:J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2006
M.A., with honors, American Military University, 2003
M.Sc., The University of London (London School of Economics), 1991
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Washington, 1989
Prior FirmsBracewell & Giuliani LLP, Seattle, WA
Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Seattle, WA
LanguagesRob speaks Russian and some German
Professional Recognition and Honors:Selected as a Washington Super Lawyers Rising Star (Business Litigation), 2012-2016
Member, Inaugural Advisory Council for the National Veterans Legal Services Program
Keynote Speaker, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Military Ball, 2015
Professional & Community Activities:Member, William L Dwyer American Inn of Court
King County Bar Association, Judiciary & Litigation Committee
Federal Bar Association of the Western District of Washington
American Bar Association
Washington State Veterans Bar Association
Practice Emphasis/Service Areas:Commercial Litigation