“Sage is very efficient and successful.”
With nearly 15 years of experience in commercial litigation and construction disputes, Sage has earned a reputation as a skilled negotiator and client advocate. He represents clients on a range of complex matters, and has experience presenting matters at trial, arbitration and mediation. Sage is a seasoned construction lawyer having represented clients on all sides of project disputes, including contractors, developers, consultants, homeowner associations and private homeowners.
While Sage is a staunch advocate for his clients, he finds it most satisfying to help his clients address potential problems and legal risks before they materialize. By getting to know his clients and developing an understanding of the issues they face, he is able to formulate a sensible offensive strategy, often preempting the need for costly and time-intensive legal representation down the line.
Before joining Impact Law Group, Sage worked for a firm that specialized in construction-related matters. He is a frequent speaker on construction law, including presentations through the Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW), the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I), and many other organizations. When not practicing law, Sage enjoys outdoor activities including camping and hiking and is an avid Seahawks and University of Washington Husky football fan. He is also a wine and travel enthusiast.
- Represented numerous owners, contractors, professional consultants and subcontractors in lien foreclosure actions, bond claims and construction defect disputes, including complex, multi-party disputes involving multi-million dollar projects.
- Represented employers and employees in the enforcement and defense of non-compete, non-disclosure and protected trade secret disputes.
- Successfully prevailed in the Washington State Court of Appeals in a published decision regarding enforcement of a contractor’s lien rights.
- Represented and consulted by homeowner associations with regard to drafting, amending, implementing and enforcing HOA governing documents.
- Represented numerous businesses with regard to compliance with local and state laws and regulations, including appeal of claims through the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals.
Bar Admissions/Admitted to Practice:Washington State Bar, 2001
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2003
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Education:J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2001
B.A., Whitman College, 1998
Professional Recognition & Honors:American Bar Association Law Prize for Land Use and Zoning Law
CALI Award for Environmental Litigation
Practice Emphasis/Service Areas:Construction Disputes